An international fabrication company, based in Batam is looking for candidates to fulfill these positions as follows.
1). Senior Subsea Engineer
2). Senior Structural Engineer
3). Principal Naval Architect
4). Senior Estimator
5). Principal Operations Engineer
1). Senior Subsea Engineer, qualification:
The Senior Subsea Engineer position will be a ”hands on” Subsea Supervisor role based offshore. The Subsea Supervisor will be responsible for the maintenance monitoring and operations of the Subsea systems and equipment onboard Qualifications: The successful candidate(s) for the Subsea Engineer position must possess the following skills and experience:
– has a minimum of 7 years in combined subsea experience.
– minimum Associate’s Degree or Diploma or Bachelor of Engineering from an accredited academy or institute or university
– has minimum six years Subsea field experience in a gas and oil environment.
– has experience in related fields with technical skills, including comprehensive knowledge of oil and gas process equipment, hydraulics schematic, calibration, pneumatics & a general knowledge of electrical schematics
– must be able to interpret hydraulic schematic drawings and troubleshoot faults remotely without actually being in front of the equipment looking at it.
– has the ability to communicate clearly to other technical people both verbally as well as through written communication.
– has a full understanding and working knowledge of various makes of BOP’s BOP Control Systems, Motion Compensation and all other relevant Well Control Equipment
– has detailed report writing skills
– Candidate should also be able to maintain the operational integrity of all Subsea Systems onboard the rig
– Be familiar with clients safety policies and procedures that pertain to his area of responsibility
Participate in all onboard safety meetings and drills
– preferably has certificate of professional engineer from NCEES.
2). Senior Structural Engineer, qualification/requirement:
– Experienced in structural design concerning steel and concrete structures.
– Working within project teams to support our client’s key oil, gas, minerals and metals projects.
– Required to prepare structural engineering designs and reports for projects and supply design and drafting staff with information to assist in the production of detailed drawings.
– Responsible for quality control of project documentation.
– Required to liaise with suppliers, clients, consultants, contractors concerning the design and installation or construction of assigned work.
– Hold a Bachelor of Engineering.
– Has at least 7 years post graduate experience, 3 years of which must have been related to resource related civil infrastructure. In particular mining, hydrocarbon, infrastructure and commercial structures.
– Preferably has membership of IE and RPEQ registration or eligibility for professional licensing with APEGGA.
– Preferably should be well versed with CAE tools such as NASTRAN, ABAQUS and Fatigue software N-Code.
– Has previous experience leading small teams, as well as working as part of a multidiscipline team.
– Preferably hasexperience with Finite Element Method (ANSYS or SASSI) required, possess previous experience on feasibility/FEED and detailed design work on infrastructure, materials handing and oil and gas projects.
3). Principal Naval Architect,
To work across engineering disciplines to ensure that relevant safety engineering deliverables are developed and integrated into the Vehicle Control Safety Case for future submarines
To lead naval architecture analysis arising from safety engineering activities, including HAZIDs (Hazard Identifications)
To undertake the role of a Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person (SQEP) for submarine naval architecture in the field of safety case development. Interacting with internal and external submarine safety stakeholders and Key Safety Functions, Assessment of buoyancy and stability characteristics, Assessment of maneuvering and control
To provide information from Naval Architects / design into the safety team to enable the design of the Fault Tree Analysis
To support submarine safety requirements definition, development and acceptance for Naval Architecture-supporting the managing consultant.
To undertake learning from experience reviews and standards evaluation
To oversee supply chain where appropriate
To interface with all disciplines of Naval Architecture and Product Safety departments
To collate information/data from other teams, Mechanical, Systems etc. to ensure they can make the overall safety arguments
– Educated to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally with chartered status.
– has minimum 7 years Naval Architecture experience in B7 Stability Analysis, B7 Watertight pressure hull, B7 Classical naval architecture techniques.
– Experience of Safety Analysis with the demonstrable ability to develop the safety arguments.
Knowledge/experience of the following some of the following: B7 Def-Stan 00-56, B7 JSP481, B7 JSP430, B7 SSMO/SSMC(Ship Safety), B7 Fault Tree Analysis, B7 HAZID’s, B7 HAZOP’s, B7 Risk Assessment, B7 Design Case, B7 Formal Safety Assessment, Risk Assessment, Design Case, Formal Safety Assessment
– Experience is required across the design spectrum, ranging from concept development through classification and regulatory approval to detailed design and production definition, in the Marine and Offshore sectors.
– Hands-on involvement in design activities and the ability to provide technical guidance at all levels in the solution of a variety of complex design problems are essential.
– Has experience in the Shipbuilding or Marine design environments and have undergone relevant practical training.
– Has remarkable knowledge of appropriate design codes including: Classification Society Rules (Lloyd’s Register, DNV, ABS), UK MoD, SOLAS, MARPOL. Proficiency with appropriate software including: STAAD Pro, Mathcad, Tribon, Paramarine, AutoCAD.
4). Senior Estimator,
– Provide accurate estimations in your required field e.g. electrical / mechanical etc for end users and builders.
– Estimate the cost, materials and staff required to achieve the project specification
– Also you’ll need to calculate in adjustments for overheads, profit, life expectancy cycle and contingency,
– Estimate the completion of the project including milestones and completion rates
– Enquire the cost for materials and sub-contractor costs and evaluate the prices Liaising and negotiating with clients, contractors and sub-contractors, quantity surveyors and administration staff
– Organise and write / present tender proposals and supervise the submission
– Evaluate and clearly understand the details and requirements for each tender
– You will also be responsible for making changes to the tender document including preliminary pricings, time scale s and any other changes requested.
– Hand over of tender to the project team
– Be up to date with the latest estimator techniques and procedures
– Senior estimators will be responsible for the chief estimator and may be asked to mentor junior estimators.
– S1 Architecture / Civil
– Work experience in related field minimum 5 years
– Able to finish the job with minimum Supervisor, Accurate and good cost analysis skill, Hardworker & deadline oriented spirit, strong numerical skills for calculations, excellent communication and presentation skills, computer skills, an understanding of engineering or architectural drawings and principles, a detailed knowledge of manufacturing or construction processes and costs, good commercial awareness, an awareness of data confidentiality, the ability to work on your own and as part of a team, an awareness of external factors such as legislation, trends in prices and exchange rates
5). Principal Operations Engineer
– Liaises with Project Managers to ensure that project management requirements are met within scheduled timeline to achieve customer’s satisfaction.
– Monitors and reports the work progress for both onshore and offshore projects.
– Coordinates all project vessel requirements and movements.
– Coordinates all cargo vessels and personnel clearance with relevant parties concerned.
– Reviews and approves installation procedures and engineering to ensure good engineering practice, safety and requirements are met.
– Supervises the preparation of material listing for construction materials and ensures requirements are met in a timely manner.
– Liaises with Fabrication.
– Monitors costing against budgeting.
– Issues and maintains offshore schedule for operations.
– Prepares project specific Hazard Identification Studies and Task Risk Assessment.
– Ensures compliance to all company, safety, statutory authority and client codes and standards.
– has minimum Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Civil or Mechanical preferred.
– Minimum 5 years of marine field engineering experience & minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
– Experience in design and offshore project execution.
Forward thru email the comprehensive cv/resume with photograph, certificate (academic, courses, training, work experiences) & expected salary, to: